THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, May 30, 2010

German Red Cabbage

[photo courtesy http://howard-family.org/germanfood.htm]

May 29, 2010

We went to the Brau Haus tonight.
Bobby got red cabbage with his sauerbraten (roast beef), and I tried it because I couldn't remember if I had before. I was SURE I had, even though I tend to HATE red cabbage and have only started liking sauerkraut again recently, so I thought maybe I had avoided it after all.

I had.
You know what is in German red cabbage?
Cloves.
Zach had said it tasted like Christmas. (He also says that about gin and cranberry juice, but that is more like watered-down summer slush. ;)~
But German red cabbage does!
Weird.
My tongue went all numb like it did when Ashley Shackelford bought those clove candies on the Jonathan Swift ferry to England and I took A LOT.
Cloves do that, even in German red cabbage.
AND I didn't dislike it. :)

0 comments: