THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 17, 2010

There's no place like home! There's no place like home! There's no...home.

I was good today: I finished cleaning out my closet and packed quite a bit (what I think is quite a bit ;). My bag of Goodwill donations grew, and now includes 7 or 8 pairs of shoes. I also got rid of these.I bought these sequined "moccasins" in September of my sophomore year of college...FIVE years ago. (Yes, I know that these seem somewhat oxymoronic: sequins + moccasins = a moron's fashion statement, right?

Wrong.
They were so lovely, and I have gotten more compliments on these shoes than most others.
I have basically worn these throughout my collegiate career. I love them so much. Originally they had sequins around the edge, but, after so much wear, they started loosening and coming off, so I finally removed them. They have been in mud and rain and sun and probably snow (or, at least, ice). I have worn them on dates, and in class, and never regretted buying them. They were comfy and textured and shiny.

Look at the bottom on the right: the sole was cracked and broken off in places. You can SEE I wore these A LOT.

I am sad to see them go (into the trashcan), but I will take solace in their turquoise twins that remain in tact.

I also threw away a pair of heeled black boots that I loved even though they are ugly as sin. But they had to go; their heels were worn down and uneven. :(

0 comments: