THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, April 30, 2010

Hanging with the Pharr Side (of the Family)

Today we met Zach's family (his parents Bobby and Beverly, sister Erin, and grandma Momo) at Mimi's Cafe in LR for my birthday dinner (er, lunch) with them! Because I had signed up to nearly every restaurant for coupons throughout the year, I got at least ten of them for birthday. The down side? Most of them expire during the week after. As I got one from Mimi's and it's one of our favorites and we hadn't been there since the fall, I suggested we go there.

We started off with the spinach and artichoke dip, which is always delicious. I ordered the chicken tostada salad, which came with a muffin; I had a yummy banana chocolate chip that was more like dessert. My salad had corn, black beans, peppers, avocado, lime-infused ranch...just delicious. Then the waiter brought out this chocolate cheesecake pie thing with a single candle. I won't tell you what I wished for. ;)This is what was left. :)

The Pharr's outdid themselves, as always.
From Erin, I got a very pretty salmon-pink summery blouse and a bracelet.

At first, I wasn't sure about the back because I don't like to show it, but this one still covers!

Momo gave me one of her old crystal platters, a table runner her mama crocheted, and some baby pictures of Zach and pictures of the family.

~very lovely~

I get to share Beverly and Bobby's gift with Zach: reservations for afternoon tea at The Empress in Little Rock! I'm so excited!!

I love my "handsome and wonderful husband!"

All in all, it was a wonderful lunch, and I was so glad to get to spend quality time with my new family. It was especially great to see Momo because we haven't seen her since January at the Loretta Lynn concert. Thank you all for being so kind and loving towards me and for welcoming to your family! I love you so much and am so thankful to God that my family has grown. :)

0 comments: