THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Potent Pollen


[photo courtesy http://ragweed-allergy.blogspot.com/]

My sinuses are killing me. :(
And Mucinex makes me feel like a balloon person. :(

"April is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain."

I FINALLY know what this means: April is, indeed, "the cruellest month," and, no, those lilacs growing "out of the dead land" are not good. They. are. death. At least their reproductive organs are. To me. They seem to be all sweet and sunshiny and shouting, "Hey, I'm a symbol of rebirth and resurrection coming out of this 'dead land' to give you hope." Wrong. That's what those lilacs want you to think. Before they attack your nostrils.

I'm a "dull root" from all the sinus and allergy meds I have to take to breathe...and it's still difficult. And "the spring rain!" I thought it would save me! Wrong again. All it did was stir up those reproductive organs.

I have a "memory" of and "desire" for winter when I could breathe in peace and ease.
;)
This poetry explication was brought to you by the letter "M" as in Mucinex, which is attempting to rid my body of the bogeyman that has taken up residence inside.

0 comments: