THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pie Night

April 12, 2010
Because my thesis defense is going to be next week, the only time I left this...
...was to make this!
Semi-Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
2 refrigerated pie crusts
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 small bag of frozen mixed veggies
1 large can of chicken [tear chunks with fork]

Preheat over to 425 degrees. Heat soups and milk. Add onion, garlic, mixed vegetables, and chicken. Heat to a boil.

Unroll one pie crust in pie pan. Pour in soup mixture. Unroll other pie crust over the top, crimping edges. Pierce the top with a fork. I like to make a pretty design. :)

Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown!



This was actually very good! I combined a lot of different recipes to get the flavor and veggies I like. I don't like mystery sauces, and Paula Deen's recipe used the soups--I thought the cheesy flavor would be great. Zach wanted green beans, corn, carrots, and peas in the pie, and most recipes only call for carrots and peas (and sometimes corn), so I decided to use the mixed veggies. We didn't want a lot of chicken, so used canned chicken. I am hesitant to use canned meats, but I didn't want to go through the mess of boiling a chicken breast and freezing the leftovers.

AND we had apple pie for dessert! *lol* I guess we are a themed household.

But, geez, does anyone know how to cover the pie crust edges with foil to keep them from burning? Or to get refrigerated dough to crimp?!

0 comments: