THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Welcome to The Pharr Side...


In honor of his thesis defense & completion of my Master's comprehensive exams, Zach and I got dressed up for dinner at Marketplace Grill.

I started a blog when Zach and I got engaged and started planning our wedding. [I'm Ashley, by the way. ;] We wanted an unconventional wedding, and, as we planned it fast--two months exactly--we knew it would be nice to document each step. Initially I also planned to explore wedding traditions along the way, exploring their origins and whether or not they fit into our wedding/marriage. Unfortunately planning a wedding, starting our second year of grad school, and beginning our life together got in the way. :)

I have kept a diary or journal on and off since third grade. I did XANGA for a bit, blogging on MySpace, and notes on facebook. After my wedding blog failed, I started a photo album on facebook in which I posted a picture everyday: an outing or activity, something I cooked, a movie we watched, a point of interest, what I wore, the weather, a picture of a friend and I for her birthday, Christmas decorations. It was received well, and I have kept it up since November 30. ;)

Lately I have started reading a lot of blogs, and so I thought I should branch out by starting a new one.

Today Zach and I have been married for 200 days, so I thought I would honor this milestone by starting a similar photo-a-day blog of our life together. Some days I will write very long captions while others will only have one sentence, but there will always be a photo (or two)!

0 comments: