THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mama's Birthday Cocoa-Nut Cake

September 30, 2010

After renewing my car tags, my mama and I headed back to Hot Springs for her belated birthday dinner. We had a wonderful time visiting and eating and sitting on the porch. Of course, I baked her a birthday cake. :)
It was a Cocoa-Nut cake (Devil's Food chocolate cake stuffed with coconut and chopped nuts) with cream cheese icing, mums in fall colors of burgundy, orange & goldenrod, and chocolate "dirt" crumbs. It was heavenly! Zach said he thinks it is the prettiest cake I have made so far, and my mama absolutely loved it.

Before dinner, my mama opened her present:





Here we are posing (in my new shirts from Erin and in her birthday sapphire scarf and pin from us) with the cake. Happy birthday, Mama! We loved seeing you!!

I cooked rice, corn & black bean burritos and stuffed tomatoes. The burrito recipe is a definite keeper, especially at 94 cents a serving!

I also added Hobie's name later because September 30 is the anniversary of when Erin and Zach found our fat boy. He's FIVE! :)

We waited for Erin and Josh to get off work and come home before we cut the cake. That's why Mama is in her pajamas. :)

Justify FullFriday we visited with Momo and took Mama downtown to walk along Bathhouse Row and see West Mountain. On our way, we saw this locksmith. It's awfully nice of them to open your car for free when your kid is locked in!

0 comments: