THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"It was Professor Jackson in the Bedroom with a Magic Vial!" [Shurtleffs' Second Annual Spooktacular]

October 23, 2010

This year's was a Murder Mystery party, and, although it was very complicated and confusing, it was a lot of fun.
Everyone looked fabulous. Now you can see I went as a peacock!!

I wore my hair a la Breakfast at Tiffany's with feathers. This was taken to see how it would look.

Hobie helped me prepare my costume earlier in the week. HA!

~*~proud as a peacock~*~

I had to show off my dramatic eye makeup!
I won Best Costume! This is the second time I have won a costume award; the first time was in eighth or ninth grade when I won for my Lady Guinevere costume at Sara Henderson's church. The funny thing is is that my character for the Murder Mystery was Guinevere!

Zach went as Harry Potter--I bound his scarf just in time!

He got his wand from Briley's birthday party favors!
Zach was upset that he cut his hair before the part and couldn't be a shaggy Harry.
(I can't believe my love Prince Allendro--that would be Zach--was behind much of the madness!)
I love this picture below!
The Omicrons took lots of pictures. Of course. :) Rose was an old Hollywood starlet and Erin was a can-can girl--fabulous in feathers, we were!
I do not remember what happened, but obviously it was hilarious! I think Erin was talking about her butt catching on fire, or how she couldn't walk in her dress. Byrds have big buts and bird cages!
We tried to get it together...
...and then my feathers fell off!!
We missed our Omicron sister, Emily!
I think this is when I told them that Yousra calls our sign the blow job face...
Our O's are pretty pathetic.; I can't believe we have done this in public!

Nick was a golfer of some sort...I still don't know who, but I liked his pants Erin made, so I voted for him as Best Costume.
Zipper likes to hide in Erin's tulle!
Charlie crushed Button's wings!
Charlie was an Elmo-obsessed serial killer, and Chris was a Mardi Gras partier. Charlie really was the best performer as Professor Jackson.
Erin and her baby
I loved all of the decorations and themed food! We all toasted the event with signature shots, Death Serum, and I can't remember the last time I took a shot. *lol*
This was so clever!
I loved this mini pumpkins! And these candles were used at our reception (with different ribbons of course).
drink menu: Cat's Brains, Death Serum, and Witches Blood
I can't wait to see what the Shurtleffs have up their sleeves for next year! (I hope it's another Murder Mystery...*shhh*)

0 comments: