THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Work, Work, Work!

October 6, 2010

First of all, I discovered that one of my friends from grad school recently got hired as a paralegal without certification. That was very good news to hear, not only for her, but also for me because I have been considering paralegal work once we get settled somewhere. The only thing is I am not certified/licensed. I know that law firms like history and literature students for these positions, and she said that many ask for no more than having such a background. Thank goodness.

Then I went to start my training at Vanity, where I will be working a couple days a week until we move. It was actually very interesting because I got to read all about fabrics and embellishments and stitching--things I've always wanted to study more.

On my way home, I got another call from Books-a-Million to set up an interview. (I had applied there for a part-time position before I did at Vanity, which was at least a month ago.) Turns out they were interviewing that day! So I set up one for 8:30 and got ready.

My interview went well, and I have another one today at 3:30. When I got out, Zach has sent me a text that he had found a job at UALR for which he thought I was overqualified. I'm working on my resume and cover letter today!

There is hope after all... :)

0 comments: