THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, June 12, 2010

"Monica, We knee-d you to get well soon!"

June 9, 2010

Justify FullWednesday I made Monica a get well present: a devil's food cake (with chocolate fudge pudding baked in) and homemade cream cheese icing! I made the icing delphinium blue and piped a border around the top and bottom of the cake and added daisies (the only thing I can make so far!). Daisies worked because 1) Monica is a hippie, and 2) they are her favorite flower (which I didn't know).
But I was also very punny: "Monica, we knee-d you to get well soon!" (Yep. I'm a riot.)

A few weeks ago when I started working on Erin and Nathan's birthday cakes, I just knew I had to make one after Monica's surgery since cake is her world. : )

Thursday we made it out to see her, Nan, Judy, and Jeff's dad Peter in Carlisle. We had a nice visit and enjoyed our cake thoroughly. : ) I only wish we could have stayed longer. : (


Monica, I am so proud of you and I have a great feeling about your recovery. Keep up the good work! AND I hope your present brings you tastiness through at least the weekend! (I know cake won't last long around you. :)

0 comments: