THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Flavor of the Park

Once again this photo-a-day album could be a food journal. :)O (I don't know what this smile is, but I like it.)

Tonight we went to Flavor of the Park at the Farmer's Market pavilion here in Hot Springs. It was A-MA-ZING! So many restaurants were there, from The Arlington to Bohemia to Culinary District. (My favorite was The Arlington--a delicious salad and crab cake!)

I did enjoy these wafflesque cookies (and salt water taffy) from Culinary District!

In this picture, you can see the pavilion; it was lined with tables for each restaurant, and there were two more behind me plus the drink headquarters. The man in the white jacket was one of the musicians from the mariachi band of a Mexican restaurant, Cotija. It was great listening to them play, including Guantanamera. Another fun surprise: all drinks were included in the price ($12) INCLUDING alcoholic beverages. And these were not just your average domestic beers either, but there was quite a few I hadn't heard of and some more pricey imports. I had Goose Island Honker's Ale and Kirin Ichiban, which I would have never bought on my own.

I just thought this was funny!

Definitely got our money's worth... :)O

UFO: Near the end of the night, one of the balloons at the festival escaped. Last night one escaped on the deck from Erin and Nathan's party, and Beverly told Zach to go get Bobby and tell him it was a UFO. ;)~

1 comments:

Iva Messy said...

super fun!

Happy Friday! Have a great sunny weekend!