THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Chocolate Love: Just 2 of My Favorites

[photo courtesy http://jenniesaysrelax.com/?tag=mass-media]
June 16, 2010

I finally broke into my second and last candy bar from my birthday basket Zach gave me. :)
(I devoured the white chocolate one ages ago. Well, "devour" is not the appropriate word. I had enough restraint to eat tiny pieces here and there over a number of days--my plan with this one, too.)

This is so so so good.
One of my favorites. It's up there with the Milky Way (regular and Midnight), the Crunchie, and any white chocolate bar (including cookies and cream, although I could do without the cookies).
That reminds me that I STILL haven't tried Milky Way Simply Caramel. Unbelievable.

Anyway, Monica and I picked up our first Chocolove bars during my senior year at Whole Foods (formerly Wild Oats, which was a much better name if you ask me). I later bought the Ginger Crystallized in Dark Chocolate and kept it in my desk in Dr. Fowler's office for ages; for some reason, I was too scared to eat it. I fretted I wouldn't like it, and, as I felt the same way about the Green Tea Kit-Kat's Zach brought back from Japan on his China trip and was proven correct i.e. Green Tea Kit-Kat's = ICK, I think my caution was justified. Although I believe it has since expired, I still have that ginger chocolate bar. Nuts I am.

On that first trip, I think Monica got the Raspberries in Dark Chocolate and shared with Rose and Emily who LOVE raspberries and chocolate. My best friends in high school largely disliked chocolate, so I was blessed to find like-minded individuals at UCA. Score! :)

There are many reasons this is one of my favorites:
1) I LOVE dark chocolate.
2) I LOVE the orange peel. I once made rustic biscotti with orange zest and cornmeal, and those twice-baked biscuits were so so so good. I love the texture the peel adds to the chocolate. I tend to let it melt in my mouth until the peel is exposed, and then I savor the subtle orange flavor the zest provides.
3) I LOVE that this chocolate bar includes poetry! Hello, Food Heaven for English Majors! Zach and I would sell these puppies at our Literary Bakery. Monica and I collected our wrappers when we lived together and posted them on the refrigerator.

[http://eatnvegan.com/?cat=6]
The poem in my birthday orange bar is by none other than Billy Shakes! I present you with SONNET 20:"A woman's face with nature's own hand painted,
Hast thou, the master mistress of my passion;
A woman's gentle heart, but not acquainted
With shifting glance as is false women's fashion;An eye more bright than theirs, less false in rolling,
Gilding the object whereupon it gazeth;
A man in hue all hues in his controlling,
Which steals men's eyes and women's souls amazeth.
And for a woman wert thou first created,
Till Nature as she wrought thee fell a-doting,
And by addition me of thee defeated,
By adding one thing to my purpose nothing.
But since she pricked thee out for women's pleasure,
Mine be thy love and thy love's use their treasure."

Granted, this appears to be from the "Fair Youth" group, but I'll take it! Now if only we can make it to Conway for the Shakespeare Theatre!



[http://scienceblogs.com/neurotopia/2009/11/friday_weird_science_oxytocin_1.php]
Dublin Mudslide is my FAV-O-RITE.
I mean, how can you not love "Irish Cream Liqueur Ice Cream with Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies and a Coffee Fudge Swirl?"
And it is the perfect (and, might I add, long-awaited) reward for reaching a very difficult goal--learning to swim! Now, I can't exactly swim very far, but I did swim some on my own, and Zach agreed with me I had earned the treat I was saving. *lol* :)

P.S. I just had to put this picture, although it is low quality. Some rat breeders decided to be clever and name their litter after Ben and Jerry's flavors. But how could no one want Dublin Mudslide?!

0 comments: