THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

August 17, 2010
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World was such fun! I was a little apprehensive going into the film because I thought I was going to miss lots of gaming references. And it's very likely I did. ; )~

But I quite enjoyed it.

The deliberate use of the laugh track reminded me of the laugh track in American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang. Now obviously they were not used to produce the same effect, although the laugh track was not applied to a wholly comical situation in either work.

But the use of it in this film really reminded me how Yang layered reality over fantasy/mythology over reality TV (which is reality AND fantasy...or rather, unreality). Wright's film also flawlessly layered reality upon fantasy into this new space that I found really enjoyable.
(I especially liked when the exes turned into coins. *tehe*)

Zach (upon seeing Mae Whitman): "It's Egg." ; )

And Allison Pill's uber-freckled face just tickles me to no end.

I can't help but love Michael Cera. And Sex Bob-omb.

0 comments: