THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Easter in August?

August 13, 2010

Friday the 13th!

We planned a game night with Rob and Mechelle, and I volunteered us to bring a dessert/snack. After going through our candy supply and realizing we have TOO many Cadbury Mini-Eggs, I decided to check into a recipe Kevin and Bree had suggested back in June: mini-egg cookies.

I found many recipes--more than I had expected--so the decision was no longer to make a mini-egg cookie, but what kind to make: shortbread, chocolate, sugar, birds' nests. (The latter are made with coconut and chopped nuts; I am sure you have seen some similar ones before.)

The recipe we used is here: http://bakewithus.wordpress.com/2009/04/10/cadburys-mini-egg-cookies-for-good-friday/
It was kind of a cross between a sugar and butter cookie.

I wanted the tops to be pretty, so I reserved some of the cracked eggs, but I don't know if it was worth the trouble. Besides the blue eggs became a lovely green beneath the dough. We had to tweak it a bit more because the oven cooked them four to five minutes, but none got burned...as did none of my appendages, thankyouverymuch. ;)


WOOHOO! Now we can buy some more Haribo!!

0 comments: