THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Pie, Porter, and PANEM!!!

August 25, 2010

Look what FINALLY came.
My wonderful husby ordered this back in January, and I never thought this day would get here, especially as UPS did not deliver it until 6:30. (What?!) HUZZAH!

I had a piece of pie and a Paradise Porter before rejoining Panem, which means "bread" in Latin, BTW. :) I finished reading the book about 1:30 in the morning. I don't think I would have been satisfied with any other ending, but I still felt somehow disappointed over how the war played out (rather than the romance part--I still do NOT fixate on that, Sommers!). I am trying to remember this is a dystopic society and to accept the possibility that the Capitol itself is not wholly responsible for what has gone on (and wrong) in Panem--just as Katniss defends her prep team against their involvement. Furthermore, all societies are somewhat dystopic (Hello, America!), so things could not end too perfectly. I know I wouldn't be happy with an idyllic ending. Still I wanted to be left with more hope. Er, I don't know; I just need to process my thoughts some more.

0 comments: