THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hot Potato


November 14, 2010
You know the game "hot potato?"
Well, it wasn't a hot potato last night that caused all the trouble.
(I definitely wasn't playing.)
It was hot soup.

At Aunt Jeannie and Uncle Chuck's Sunday School soup night, I had fixed my loaded baked potato and headed over to the white chili with chicken.

*sets paper plate with potato and soup bowl beside soup Crock Pot and starts to lift lid*
Zach: "You got that?"
Me: "Yeah."
*as lid lifts, ladle flips out onto plate, knocking it and all contents to the floor*

Not only did I lose my potato, but I also lost my piece of cheesy bread AND covered my jeans in sour cream, butter, and potato. AFTER I had put our laundry on.

Gives me a whole new perspective on playing hot potato and on enjoying soup night.

P.S. I made those potatoes--scrubbing them clean, rolling them in oil and seasonings, and wrapping them carefully in their foil cocoons to grow and bloom...er, cook--and then I killed mine, not with the fork, but with the floor. What kind of potato-mother am I?

0 comments: