THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, November 8, 2010

Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme


November 6, 2010
Right now I am seriously addicted to these!
I bought two bags on clearance after Halloween, which does not help my problem. :)

I wasn't a fan a few years ago.
Until Zach--it's HIS fault ;)--bought me some Cookies 'n' Creme Kisses for my Easter basket, which was themed blue, my favorite of the colors offered (pink, yellow, green, orange, and blue) that also had the best candies (Hello, blue Russell Stover's white chocolate bunny!). Walmart started separating their Easter goodies into colors, and these were the Kisses in the blue wrappers that year.

See, I had avoided them previously because they reminded me of Oreos, which I DO like.
But I only like the cookie part.

I usually end up scraping the cream off. I either begin by scraping the cream off before I get tired of the work and just eat it, too...or I begin eating the cookies whole, get tired of the cream, and scrape it off.
I know this will set off some kind of controversy. People are very passionate about their Oreo cream.

I know, I know, white "chocolate" is nothing like the Oreo cream. Well...sometimes white chocolate has that shortening taste, but that depends on the white chocolate you buy.

I used to get the Kroger white chocolate chips, which had that oily taste of shortening. (I don't think they make them anymore, and I know why, but it still saddens me because white chips are hard to find, and I still liked those poor quality Kroger white chocolate chips in the red bag.)
I LOVE white chocolate.

Anyway, long story short, when I no longer had any caramel Cadbury eggs left and had eaten my bunny ears first that Easter, I turned to the Cookies 'n' Creme Kisses and got hooked.

I love that I can just have the cookie part of the Oreos.
(This is why I also love the 100-calorie pack of Oreos because it's just the cookie part. :)

[Side note: sometimes I want to spell "cookie" "cooky" to be kooky.]

But these are not so great for a headache.* Or a tummy ache. My husband scolded me and then offered me a sandwich. He's nice. I like him.


*Strangely, dark chocolate sometimes helps my headaches. Obviously this is not dark chocolate, and I had a sinus headache, rather than a regular one, but I needed something to rationalize my poor behavior.

0 comments: