THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend Update: (Board) Games are NOT Boring

July 16-18, 2010

Swimming, the Brau Haus, and board games on Friday...who could ask for anything more?

Ticket to Ride was FUN! We should play it again, ok? Or Puerto Rico. But not Galactic Truckers.

Melissa surprised the Gates' with a visit from TX, and we were happy to see her again.

Also, thanks for the cider! It was most enjoyable in the unemployment pool. ;)

Zach has been hard at work on his new Lego Amsterdam-esque town.
He built this sweet pub, The Lion, on Saturday!
All day I was running between our living room and the bedroom to give him my opinion on its construction.

If we can't move to Europe, we'll move Europe here. :)

Sunday night was game night with the Hendrixes!
Our six-month reunion with Rob and Mechelle: they joined us for a fajita dinner with pico de gallo AND twos kinds of dip: cheese and Mechelle's yummy corn dip.

I also baked up some cookies using our stash of dark chocolate raspberry creme chips--DELISH! They were sooo good! I hope we can find some more of these chips because not many cookies are left for tomorrow. :)

[*lol* Zach and I also realized this is the first sit-down dinner with friends we've had since we got married. Our old apartment was very small. ;]

Erin and Josh joined us for a game of UNO. Geez, I hate losing. But I really do love that game! I have so much playing it, especially with our UNO buddies. I'm so glad you guys got to meet Hobie the Cat. We really should this more often than every six months. Aren't we silly?


[I forgot to take pictures during this game, so this is one of Mechelle attempting Rob to take the cards back out so we can recreate the scene. I finally got him to at least hold up the game. *tehe*]

0 comments: