THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fourth of July Weekend

July 2-4, 2010

I didn't mean to get a picture of my mother-in-law yawning... ;/

Friday my Mama joined all the Pharr's for Hot Springs' annual Spa Blast at Oaklawn. We enjoyed carnival food--except for cotton candy :( --and watching the fireworks, but the music was TOO loud. I would definitely say the Spa Blast's fireworks display beat Pops on the River and any other I've seen.It was a cool night and a great way to kick off the Fourth of July weekend! And I'm so glad my Mama decided to come down after all.

Jazz hands? YES!!!

Saturday Zach and I FINALLY went to see The Comedy of Errors, part of the Arkansas Shakespeare Theatre. Because we are poor recent graduates, unemployed and living far away, it's the only one we got to see. :( But I am so glad that this is the one we saw! :)


It was sooo good! We cannot stop raving about it! It was such an entertaining production from the slapstick comedy to the Americana musical stylings to the way they played off the twin factor (BRILLIANT!). And I was in love with the set (as evidenced by my photo taken during intermission) and the costumes. I would have never imagined a Shakespeare play like this, but the era lended itself well to this story. I guess I need to read more Billy Shakes (duh!).

Gosh. I wish I could have seen this one more than once. :) Bravo, AST!!



After dinner at Brauhaus Saturday night, I came home to this sweet gift from the one and only Linda Adams! She is Bobby's cousin, and I got to meet her a few weeks ago at Lindsey and Sam's wedding. I gushed to her how she taught me how to cook on Arkansas Today with B.J. Sams and Beth Ward. Mrs. Adams used to do segments with Beth Ward, who is one of her best friends; she is a home economist pretty famous in these parts. :)

She was such a joy and so sweet to send me a copy of her cookbook and the picture we took together. I can't wait to start cooking again!!

(I'm so glad she wrote in my book and added the date, too. Every time I get a book from someone, I inscribe it with the gifter's name and the date. ;)


Happy Fourth of July!


I hope everyone had a wonderful day. We had fun celebrating in the pool and with summery food (beer, raspberry mojitos, strawberry daiquiris, grilled chicken, corn-on-the-cob, and my blackberry cobbler)!

the red, white, and blue fireworks fountain at Spa Blast

It's never a good idea to take pictures of people in swimsuits hence why I have no pictures from Sunday!

0 comments: