THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hospitality Under the Influence

[photo courtesy http://pimpstitch.typepad.com/blog/2008/11/i-3-craft-books-.html]

When I found out I wasn't keeping Sayer after all, I decided I wanted to go shopping with my birthday money. After lunch with Tommy at Cajun Boilers, Zach and I headed over to the Hot Springs Mall.

I wanted to go to J.C. Penney's because, with their rewards program, you can earn 10 free bucks a month. I found a pair of Bisou Bisou jeans for $11(!) and a pair of cute shorts. (I haven't paid this much for shorts in years; I never do because I hardly wear them, but I wanted to buy a fancy pair. ;)

Then I went to Vanity to use my 20% off coupon. I found this cute grey and black dress with Erin's help; I'm going to wear it Monday for our engagement anniversary celebration. I also got an adorable filigree flower necklace in black, silver, and grey with rhinestone centers. Unfortunately it's too long to wear with my dress, but I like it so much and it matches my black wardrobe, so I'm going to keep it!

Finally we headed to Books-A-Million so I could pick up some lighter reading than The Pilgrim's Progress. *lol* I got The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart (finally!) AND I Like You: Hospitality under the Influence by Amy Sedaris.

I am in lust with this book. Seriously. It's sooooo funny!! It leaves me in stitches, as they say. Every time I came across it, I would comb every page reading bits here and there and laughing. I love the Sedaris' siblings' humour. Amy's advice, though often dark and twisted, still rings true while I cannot turn away from the photos of Amy dressed as every kind of hostess imaginable or of the food--faux or not--that feels like it came from a cookbook recovered from my Grandma Cellars' kitchen. The recipes don't seem too bad either. :)

Did I mention I only paid $7.97 for this book?!

0 comments: