THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, July 19, 2010

First Engagement Anniversary

July 19, 2010

A year ago Zach and I were in Kansas City on what I thought was going to be a quick little getaway when he surprised me with a carriage ride around the Plaza and an Alice in Wonderland-themed proposal at Southmoreland Bed and Breakfast.

We arrived at the B&B, where I was informed we would be visiting. I had already started shaking and my knees were weak and my heart was beating--my body knew what was happening before I did! We went inside, and the night manager took us up to our room. She gave ME the key to allow us to learn how to use it. As I opened the door, I saw a bottle of champagne and a box of chocolate-covered strawberries with signs that read, "Drink Me" and "Eat Me." What did I think? Why, how nice of the B&B to provide their guests with such luxuries. But then I turned around and saw a crawlspace with a sign that read, "Open Me." Zach suggested that I better open it up. Inside, I found a shadow box Zach had made with pictures and mementos of us inside. On top was a sign: "Love Me." When I picked up the shadow box, I saw the ring behind it: "Marry Me." I figured Zach had something to say to me, so I took my time looking over the shadow box so I would be ready.

"Please say yes!!"
*Hahaha*

Even more so than our wedding day, this was the happiest day of my life. :) THIS was the day we decided to spend the rest of our lives together. Don't get me wrong; I am glad we were married in front of our parents, family, and friends. We had a lovely, sweet wedding. :) But sometimes I still wish we had eloped. *lol* After all, this day was PERFECT. There was no stress, no fuss, and no expectations--only a very pleasant surprise. :)

These pictures were actually taken the next day after we had tea at the Intercontinental on the Plaza. I had actually expected Zach to propose there (!), so I had taken great pains to pick out a cute outfit! *haha* He always keeps me on my toes. I was actually quite gross-looking when he proposed. ;) (No one will EVER see the one picture we have from the night of the proposal...at least not for a very long time.)

Zach, thank you for asking me to be your wife.
I can't wait to celebrate with you tonight!
Happy "engagement" anniversary!

0 comments: