THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Salad Craving?


July 5, 2010
Tonight for dinner we had pizza and salad--which I topped with vidalia onion vinaigrette that is sooo good. (Recently I did learn, however, that this vinaigrette does not taste good on corn. Yuck!)

After dinner, I was checking my iPhone when I saw I had gotten my weekly email from The Nest.com, the website for newlyweds. A segment promised to provide recipes for 50+ new salads.

I have been in a salad mood. Tonight I had three small salads, and I've been eating lots of fruit and fruit salads, so this article was of interest. I opened it, and saw a picture of this: Watermelon and Red Onion salad.

Initially I thought, "Huh?" then "Errr..." culminating in "Ewww." However, now that I have read the recipe itself (watermelon, onion, cilantro, vinegar, and homemade orange dressing), I am intrigued.

I like to try new things, and I no longer shun the mixing of opposite flavors, foods, what have you.

This summer or next, we may be trying this strange little salad.

0 comments: