THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Poached Peaches and Apples

September 13, 2010


Tonight I made scrambled eggs and French toast with poached fruit for dinner.

I have always wanted to try poached pears--I'm not a big fan of pears, so I think that poaching them would improve them for my palate. :)

Well...we had two fresh peaches left from a roadside stand we passed in Conway on Saturday. There were several Granny Smith apples.

So I put some Merlot, brown sugar, water, and dashes of cinnamon and ground cloves on. I cored and peeled the apples and added them. When they were halfway done, I added the peaches, peeled.

Once they were done, I removed the fruit and cut it up while the sauce simmered down. Then I added them back in, and we served them atop the French toast.

SOOO GOOD!!!
I forgot to take a picture at the beginning of the meal, especially as I was running behind and we were trying to watch the season premiere of House. As you can see, not much was left.
Oh, I could just drink the sauce with a straw!

0 comments: