THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, September 20, 2010

"Happy birthday, Bobby" cake





September 18-19, 2010

I made my favorite father-in-law a birthday cake yesterday, which we surprised him with today after a birthday lunch at Cajun Boilers. If he happened to see it, we were going to say it was an anniversary cake for us, and I waited to ice "Happy Birthday" on it this morning after he went to church. I accidentally gave him my phone to look at some pictures after I had taken pictures of the finished cake! Oh no! But I said I needed it back because it had a picture Zach didn't need to see. *lol* "Anniversary" makes a great cover, even though he said he knew something was up. ; )

It was a really yummy cake, and I just love the icing tricks I've learned! Keeping the spatula moist definitely helps to get a smooth surface.

Happy (late) birthday, Bobby! We love you!!

0 comments: